Tescor manufactures a wide range of Air Flow Test Benches (Code Tester Tunnels) for use in determining fan performance as well as for determining air side enthalpy measurements for testing of heat exchangers. Our Air Flow Test Benches are custom built to meet the customer’s requirements and can be provided with manual controls or fully automatic data acquisition and control systems.
Tescor designs and manufactures each one of its air flow test benches in accordance with standards put forth by ANSI/ASHRAE 51 and ANSI/AMCA 210. Tescor designed and constructed Air Flow Test Benches will yield a repeatability of 1% or better.
Air Flow Test Bench Features
- Air Flow Tunnel formed from clear Lexan© or urethane insulated panels
- Shear-type centrifugal mixers to thoroughly mix the Unit Under Test (UUT) discharge air
- Venturi-type nozzle to correct air flow uniformity
- Air flow sampling system to obtain accurate dry bulb, wet bulb or dew point temperatures
- AMCA air flow nozzles with manual or automated dampers
- Variable Speed System Blower
- Can be user configured to be a draw through or push through system
- Accurate pressure transducers to measure UUT differential pressure, Barometric Pressure and nozzle differential pressure
- DC power supply to control fan voltage in Automotive Applications
- Fan speed, voltage and current transducers
- Bypass dampers for low flow operation
- Create Tests And Sequences for Automatic Operation
- User configurable data acquisition channels
- User configurable calculation channels
- Loop Calibration Utility
- Dedicated hardware checkout routine
- Color coded stability status indicators
- Stability tolerance adjustment on the fly
- Time-history graphing capability
- Automatic Test Report Generation
- Data File Management and Search Tools
- Air Flow Range from 4 CFM to 40,000 CFM with a 30:1 turndown ratio typical
- Control Stability of 1% or better
- 1% repeatability of test results
Note: The specifications shown above are typical. Tescor can customize your system to provide the performance that you desire.
Tescor manufactures a full line of Climate Control Test Equipment for the Automotive and HVAC marketplace including the following:
A/C System Calorimeters, Surface Calorimeters, Clutch Test Stands, Compressor Noise Test Benches, Compressor Audit Benches, Psychrometric Test Rooms, Balanced Ambient Calorimeters, Compressor Slug Test Benches, Compressor Endurance Test Stands, and Environmental Test Chambers.